This week I am giving my attention to the humble Dandelion.
here are some very interesting facts about our humble dandelion.
* Dandelion is extremely popular for its diuretic properties and it
increases urine output. It helps flush toxins and excess salts out from
* Dandelion helps build immunity and strengthen the liver and
gallbladder. It also helps stimulate bile production and cures any
inflammatory conditions of the bile duct.
* Dandelion also helps effectively treat patients with hepatitis, kidney
and liver disorders, like jaundice, cirrhosis of the liver and some
other conditions caused due to reduced bile secretion.
* Dandelion leaves are very nutritious and contain beta carotenes that
are very good for the eyes, skin, hair, etc. They are also a good
source of vitamins B1, B2, B5, B6, B12, C, E, and P.
* dandelion contains high levels of iron and calcium. In addition to all
of the above, dandelion contains potassium, phosphorus, magnesium, and
zinc, which are excellent forthe human body. Due to its vast array of nutrients, dandelion benefits the body in many ways.
* The famous dandelion root contains a chemical substance called inuin,
which is a sugar that does not stimulate increased or excessive insulin
production like other refined and processed sugars. Therefore, it is
very effective for people with late-onset diabetes. This is a unique
benefit of dandelion root.
* Dandelion juice is famous for its high iron, potassium, calcium,
beta-carotene, and vitamin C content. This is recommended especially
for people interested in taking herbal supplements and natural vitamins
in treating conditions like anemia.
* Dandelion tinctures are used to treat certain cardiac conditions
including heart failure, as well as to increase potassium intake.
All in all, the health benefits of dandelion are quite impressive and
this herb is used to treat a variety of ailments and conditions.
Hello Amadah! I see you wrote that Dandelion ig used to increase potassium intake. I am chronically low on potassium all the time and have to take pills every day. How mcuh and in what form do I take dandelion to help with this problem? And also where do I get it? Thanks, Brandon