Veggies to the rescue!!!i need help
Posted by emama at 04/12/2010
Ive been a member for quite some time, but dont really branch out as much. but lately i have found myself needeing some extra guidence that i know i can only find through fellow happy cow followers.
My delema- is I am 25 years old stay at home with a husband,an 8yr old,15 month old,and 5month old baby! i feel i have lost my self both inner and outword of corse.i also have been brough to reality with medical news that has shaken our lil family pretty hard and i need to get health and fit like before.
my husband although not veggie is very active and in great shape he gets a great workout at work,and i would love to workout with him out side of work but i have to do stuff that dont include having to find a baby sitter or paying big bucks for a gym.
m pretty overwhelmed as it is,but reachin out to see if you guys know of a great veggie diet plan and some work out tips , i greatly appreciate you all and your time!
My suggestion for you is to check out http://www.veganfitness.net - it's a great online forum with helpful folks from around the world.
You might try:
- Walking more and driving less - to the library, local park, neighbor's homes, closest grocery store.
- Playing ball and more physical activities with your children.
- Taking a daily power walk with your husband and/or children.
- Eat lots of fresh veggies in salads or steamed and served with a whole grain like rice or quinoa.
- Eat fresh fruits that are in season.
Heidi B.11/15/2010 19:51:37
I'm hooked, and I took the instructor's course so I could introduce others to this effective fitness activity.
As for food make sure you get enough protein and eat regular small meals every 4-5 hours to prevent you blood sugar dropping.