Join the conversation

the good news

Happy wild horse
Posted by Happy wild horse at 04/06/2014

blessed are the poor in spirit for theirs is the kingdom of heaven blessed are those who mourn for they will be comforted blessed are the meek for they will inherit the earth blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness for they will be filled blessed are the mercyfull for they will be shown mercy blessed are the pure in heart for they will see God blessed are the peacemakers for they will be called sons of God blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness for theirs is the kingdom of heaven!

Responses

ahimsa32fa
ahimsa32fa04/07/2014 07:54:00
Peacemakers have been praying to their gods for an end to war for thousands of years...guess "he" must be busy deciding who to send to where after death...

I took part in Bible study for two years as a child and then began asking tough questions of my teachers at age 7. Later, I studied Religion in college. I barely began understanding the issues involved till my voracious reading began to include atheist and agnostic authors later in life.

I'm curious...are you secure enough in your beliefs to read a book by an atheist?
Happy wild horse
Happy wild horse04/10/2014 11:57:22
God made all people and loves them all even if they don't believe in him so as much as I am a strong Christian I don't see the point of hateing people just because of what they believe or what they don't believe,I don't think God would be pleased with that.
ahimsa32fa
ahimsa32fa04/11/2014 09:31:39
I love all animals, including humans. It's an old ploy by the meat and dairy industries (and others that abuse animals)to claim that vegans (or others who care about non-human animals) hate human life.

Can you answer my question? Are you secure in your beliefs to read a book by an atheist? Or even a book by a vegan?
Happy wild horse
Happy wild horse04/11/2014 15:32:35
Way would I have a problem with reading a book by a vegen weard question and I would I have a problem with reading a book by an atheist well it depends on what it is about if it's about atheism well no but if it's about something else that I want to read way not just because of the righter is a atheist and I never said anything on here about vegans hateing all humans.
ahimsa32fa
ahimsa32fa04/12/2014 09:03:10
Read my comment again. It's people in the M & D industries, others who abuse animals, and those who consume them that claim "vegans hate human life".

Limiting your educational sources on any subject is never a great idea.

I studied religion for years in school, but learned more by reading some excellent books by atheists...

And I don't hate religious people. It does trouble me that the Bible instructs "believers" to kill "infidels", stone women, and wage war.

It also troubles me that hundreds of thousands of people were burned at the stake for being "witches", and that persecution of scientists held back research in many fields including medicine.

You need to be logged in or registered to post.