Join the conversation

Pleiku - Viet Nam - missing info -

JohnnySensible
Posted by JohnnySensible at 06/12/2007

Hi Guys - I today discovered that I have lost a file containing all of my notes about /​ the business cards of the 5 vegan /​ veggie cafes which I recently discovered in Pleiku. The downside of this is that I cannot list them on HappyCow. The upside is that I will definitely have to go back there again very soon & revisit all of the places. If you know any of them please add them to HappyCow, or alternatively you could scan & email the details to me & I will add them. Thank you. John

Responses

Chia
Chia at 06/13/2007 16:13:44
Hi Johnnysensible. I was in Vietnam a couple years back and traveled from the north to the south, but I hadn't heard of Pleiku. Whereabouts is it?
JohnnySensible
JohnnySensible at 06/16/2007 23:58:13
OK Chia - here goes - Pleiku is a tiny city in the Central Highlands - close to the border with Kampuchea - a high % of Jarai (Gia Rai) / Babnar (Ba Na) & other tribal people - I go there to buy coffee & silver jewelry for my export customers - there are several vegan eating places in Pleiku - inspired by the teachings of Thich Nhat Hanh - en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nhat_Hanh Some infamous place names from the 60's are nearby - Pleime is just down the road from PLeiku - go east and you reach An Khe - then further east is Qui Nonh - these names are most often seen engraved on old Zippo lighters in the US! - visit - www.vnn.vn/province/gialai/intro.html & schedule a visit.
JohnnySensible
JohnnySensible at 03/18/2008 23:14:49
A big "thank you" from myself to whoever posted the Pleiku, Viet Nam places today!

You need to be logged in or registered to post.