Join the conversation

Cinnamon Rolls

dconcidine
Posted by dconcidine at 06/19/2007

These are easy to make cinnamon rolls that are modified from a non-veg recipe

Double or triple the recipe because it doesn't make many, but here is the original measurements:

preheat oven: 425

1C flour
2T sugar
1/​2t baking powder
1/​2t salt
1/​4C margarine
1/​3C soy milk

filling:
sugar
cinnamon
chopped nuts/​raisins/​chocolate chips

Sift together dry ingredients and add soy milk and 3T margarine (keep the rest for brushing on the dough)

Roll out the dough until it's as thin as you want it, not too thin though or it'll get holes in it. You may need to add a little more flour to tone down stickiness. Brush on remaining margarine and sprinkle on sugar, cinnamon, and nuts, raisins, or chocolate chips if you want. Roll up the dough and then slice it. Place the cinnamon rolls on lightly greased cookie sheets and bake for 8-11 minutes.

These won't come out as huge sticky buns. These are normally pretty small and not poofy, but they're still really good

Responses

Chia
Chia at 06/19/2007 16:09:13
Vegan cinnamon rolls must be so tasty... now if I can just get you to make them for me! Haha.. just kidding. Thanks for the recipe. Will keep it handy for a special occassion.
darky_
darky_ at 03/13/2008 08:40:47
MMMmm I love cinnamon, I still wanna try these! Thanks...

oh but is that 2 tablespoons or teaspoons of sugar??
kindlizard
kindlizard at 03/13/2008 15:49:33
usually the cap "T" is tbs and the small "t" is tsp...
Tatiana
Tatiana at 03/13/2008 16:26:30
sounds delicious!
treehugger
treehugger at 03/14/2008 05:19:17
These do sound delicious!
Gonna make theses.
YUMMMMMMMMM!

Thanks for posting.
distone
distone at 04/11/2008 11:06:51
il have to try it
Vegan4Life26
Vegan4Life26 at 07/08/2008 18:33:32
They sound good and seem easy to make. I'll have try them soon. Does anyone have vegan chocolate cake recipes???
Tatiana
Tatiana at 07/08/2008 20:25:58
Sure do, it's my favorite! I swear I thought I'd posted it at some point, but here is the link to the cake and the frosting I use. Pay careful attention, there were one or two mistypes on their recipe, I think it was only they forgot to add the cocoa powder to the dry ingredients in the cake, so just make sure you do that part, too.

I made this for a summer party and no one had any idea it was vegan, it was a huge hit.

http://www.veganchef.com/

Then go to recipes on the left, then desserts. The cake is Chocolate Mint Chip Cake, and I use the Creamy Tofu Fudge Frosting. Warning: You may become addicted!!
Katylynn2000
Katylynn2000 at 07/10/2008 10:19:47
Tatiana - that looks awesome!! I sometimes use Duncan Hines cakes and frostings because they are Vegan friendly. I make quick and easy cupcakes.

You need to be logged in or registered to post.