Join the conversation

Host a Vegetarian Exchange Student (MI)

SKC
Posted by SKC at 09/04/2012

Looking for a great host parent(s) for 16 year old German young lady and 18 year old swiss young man that are bright and vegetarian!!!! In other words ...they are perfect!

Both would like to go to attend high school in Michigan and see what it is like to be an "American Teenager" for the 2012/2013 school year. More about these great kids:

Meet Nadja, F, 16 from Germany.
Nadja speaks English, German, Spanish and French.
Hobbies/Interests/Activities:
Tennis, Skiing, Badminton, Acting, Listening to Music
Get to Know Nadja:
I would describe myself as a helpful and friendly person. I'm patient, confident, happy and honest. My hobbies are playing tennis in a Club since 5 years, reading books, watch TV and listening to music.
I like to go shopping together with my sister and my mother. And I like to travel to big Cities in Europe like Hamburg, London, Paris or Barcelona. After finish school I´d like to study. At the moment I´m not sure but maybe I get some inspiration during my year in America. Don´t be afraid of vegetarians. In the family, I am the only one who eats no meat. But sometimes I eat fish (has no legs ☺ ) My mother cooks vegetables, pasta and pizza. No problem. I have a weakness for chocolate.

Meet Fabian, M, 18 from Switzerland.
Fabian speaks English, German, and Swiss.
Hobbies/Interests/Activities:
Swimming, Bowling, Chess, Computers, Musical Theater
Get to Know Fabian:
My greatest hobby and my passion is to play the guitar. I love rock-music. In the future I like to study music and to play in a band. It is important for me to learn English. I am a friendly and helpful young man. I hope to meet a family, which help me to learn the language and where I can play the guitar. I will try to show them the Swiss lifestyle, typical Swiss food (something with cheese or chocolate) : I look forward to an exciting year in the US!

Both students are enrolled through ie-usa exchange program. There is no charge to be host family. You simply provide living arrangements and assure the student gets to school. Students provide own insurance and spending money. Please call 707-591-6236 with any questions. Or toll free 888-266-2921. Website is www.ie-usa.com.

Please consider hosting a student. It is a rewarding and fun experience and a chance to build friendships that last a lifetime!

Responses

No response yet.

Forum moderated by HappyCowGirl

You need to be logged in or registered to post.