Join the conversation

Vegan diet to help with back surgery?

alexk2112
Posted by alexk2112 at 12/20/2014

Namaste, I am a recent "convert" to veganism, many factors drew me towards it - health social awareness and it just made sense that it the real way I should eat.

I am 44 and recently underwent a lower back surgery. I was 80lbs overweight before the surgery and when I "converted" to vegan lost 20 the two months prior to surgery. Fortunately the surgery was successful but I'm in a bit of pain which can be expected. However I know that extra 60lb I still have I need to permanently leave my body would help my back feel and recover better. With the healing I have going and the meds I am on I am limited to what I can do.

Anyone have any thoughts the best approach to go about shedding the weight healthily. Been thinking a green smoothie fast fair a while or a mix of smoothies / raw salads / and bean soup.

I'm a real newbie to this and looking for advice! Don't want too screw up the surgery plus really would feel better is I was not overweight.

Responses

ankacitah
ankacitah at 06/18/2015 12:43:18
for back pains , my suggestions is> do some exercise and find an pranic healer or smt similar
anahidscv
anahidscv at 06/24/2015 12:18:22
Watch,"fat sick and nearly dead" its on netflix. Its an excellent documentary and very very motivating. If you are at home and not working, it will make it easier to follow. Believe me, if you follow the juicing advice in this documentary, you will surely lose weight and feel great. I know someone personally that tried after having a baby which she had gained weight, and lost a lot of weight. I too have back pain and know how that feels. Good luck to you.
Alyssasmithsweet
Alyssasmithsweet at 07/12/2015 03:04:59
You may want to try some vegan omega 3s. I know that helps with joints and pain...Best wishes to you!
ahimsa32fa
ahimsa32fa at 07/12/2015 04:47:23
I make my own salad dressings, built around a base of organic Flax Seed Oil. I rarely miss a day without having a moderate to large salad made up of from three to ten different veggies and fruit.

You need to be logged in or registered to post.