Join the conversation

Soy-free Veg-Cheese

Lil Sprout
Posted by Lil Sprout at 10/31/2010

Anyone familiar with Road's End Organics Organic Cheddar Mac & Chreese®? I found it online at edwardandsons.com. Wondered if it's any good? I love mac n cheese but now that I'm trying to eat less dairy (more veg)I'm kinda lost as to what to eat. I've been skipping alot of meals and/or not eating much b/c I don't want raw veggies and just salad all the time. Any advice/suggestions are welcome. Thanks.

Responses

MarilynC
MarilynC11/01/2010 09:18:24
I make a delicious raw vegan "ricotta" cheese using cashews. This cheese can be used with raw or cooked tomato sauce and either cooked pasta or spiral cut zucchini if you want a raw dish. I also make a delicious raw vegan lasagna by layering thinly sliced zucchini, cashew "ricotta," basil pesto and marinated mushrooms, topped with raw tomato sauce. YUMMY!
Tatiana
Tatiana11/02/2010 10:01:09
There was one vegan mac 'n cheese I tried that I liked and that box looks kind of familiar but I'm not sure if that was it.

If you miss the cheesy flavor, I like to add nutritional yeast, it's great with pasta and I made a killer mushroom risotto with it. You can make the sauce creamier with soy coffee creamer if you want (just make sure it's not flavored, lol).
Heidi B.
Heidi B.11/15/2010 17:55:07
I am familiar with nut and seed cheeses. My husband used to prepare them and them place them in the dehydrator to dry out. The "suncheese" was made from sunflower seeds...very tasty!
Chase Morgan
Chase Morgan03/12/2011 08:11:56
Ive got a box of it sitting in my cabinet, havent eaten it yet. I know the cheese is nutritional yeast based which i use pretty regularly in grits, chili, and on pasta. Its not cheese but it sure is tasty.

Forum moderated by HappyCowGirl

You need to be logged in or registered to post.