Join the conversation

Vegan Retreat (The Lodge in Grenada)

craigmw
Posted by craigmw at 01/12/2011

My wife and I were looking for a warm place to vacation during the days between Christmas and New Years and ended up choosing The Lodge in Grenada. It's a roomy two suite establishment that provided an absolutely outstanding experience for us. The owners Mark and Mary were very kind people and made us feel completely at home. They were very helpful with information that allowed us to navigate what Grenada has to offer (don't miss the opportunity to go hiking with Telfor!). The rooms were spotless, large, and comfortable with breathtaking views of St. George's and kept cool by the tradewinds. While the Lodge is a totally vegan establishment, never did these principles overshadow the impeccable service. Their adherence to “eco” sensibilities were seamlessly integrated into the day-to-day running of the site and our experience reflected that; from the sustainable sourcing of ingredients for our meals (which where delicious and varied), to water usage, carbon offsetting, and power consumption. We also found it easy to reach all the local attractions from the site either by walking or through the various bus options. I would not hesitate to recommend The Lodge to anyone planning a trip to the Caribbean, both carnivores and herbivores alike.

Responses

NickPiper
NickPiper05/07/2011 04:09:28
We've also been - I agree, it's a lovely place. Very peaceful.

You need to be logged in or registered to post.