Join the conversation

An open invitation to visit me!

Cascadian
Posted by Cascadian at 01/31/2010

While I love to travel, I do not do so nearly as often as I'd like to. I've found that almost as nice as traveling myself is to play host and/or tour-guide to cool travelers coming to my area. I know that for me, meeting cool local folks and having them show me what they love about their area is always a highlight of my journeys, so I want to do the same for any of you coming my way.

I live in Portland, Oregon, USA. This is a city in the region I like to call Cascadia (basically the US Northwest and Canadian South West) which has many wonderful, extremely vegan-friendly cities and towns. Cascadia also has amazingly beautiful natural areas: ancient forests, snow-capped mountains, raging rivers, islands of many sizes and of course the Pacific Ocean. You can generally travel quite inexpensively in Cascadia and our public transportation systems are convenient and extensive.

I have traveled throughout much of the region and am fairly familiar with all of the larger cities as well as many smaller cities and towns and a good number of the natural areas.

As for me, I have a wide variety of interests that generally center around travel, being outdoors and eating tasty, healthy (and of course vegan) food. I've met several folks from HappyCow in person already and would greatly enjoy meeting many more of you as time goes on!

While I can rarely travel extensively, I am quite often able to free up an afternoon, day or weekend to visit and show you around Portland and other parts of Cascadia! Even if we can't meet up I am happy to answer questions and offer suggestions!

Responses

Heidi B.
Heidi B.11/15/2010 10:13:42
I recently watched a television show that featured Portland and the efficient public transportation system and other green aspects of the city. It was very refreshing to see how some North American cities are similar to European cities in terms of green infrastructure.
Double Dare
Double Dare05/08/2011 12:50:31
I visited Vancouver and Victoria four years ago and went whale watching in the Strait of Juan de Fuca for the princely sum of $95, but I didn't venture south of the border, as I don't like the way that the USA now treats all foreigners as terrorist suspects by fingerprinting them on arrival. So the nearest I have are photos of the Olympic Mountains taken from Victoria and of San Juan Island and Mount Baker from the boat trip. There is a good vegan cafe in Victoria which is all self-service, which I'd recommend.

You need to be logged in or registered to post.