Join the conversation

Soy/vegetarian jerky and snacks?

Edenny03
Posted by Edenny03 at 02/26/2014

Yummmmm, I just found a delicious new meat jerky alternative! It's soy jerky...perfect for vegetarians like me! It comes in 7 different flavors. I usually go for the more mild flavors, but with flavors like Curry Chicken and Cheesy, I might branch out. :)

Here's the website I bought it on, so you can buy it online too:

www.morrobayjerky.com/pages/Vegetarian-Jerky.aspx

Let me know what you think!

I'm a new vegetarian, so please feel free to suggest new snacks and food ideas. Thanks!

Responses

ahimsa32fa
ahimsa32fa02/27/2014 06:35:01
I went to the website you mention. No ingredients list for any of their products. Obviously they're heavy on selling animal products, and so I question the "vegan OR vegetarian" on their labels.

Most processed soy products are not vegan...they use casein (milk protein) as a binder.
StephenS
StephenS03/01/2014 10:24:47
Interesting - never tried that one before but love Morro Bay!! Next time I'm there - maybe I'll try some - though I like to support full veg companies as much as possible.
My fave vegan jerky's are Stonewall's (very chewy and old school leathery like delicious jerky - comes in little niblet pieces), and Primal Strips (more succulent and juicy - comes in strips).
- And BTW Edenny03 - congrats on going veg!! Let me know if you have any questions or concerns about your transition to Vegan ;)
macksmith345
macksmith34503/31/2014 04:25:07
Hi,
I also become a vegetarian recently and I don't understand which and how many types of food are available for Vegetarian.

CateringOnTheMove
ahimsa32fa
ahimsa32fa03/31/2014 06:23:42
There are hundreds of books (some at your local library) and thousands of websites that can answer your questions.

Some are listed on Happy Cow, and the rest can be found by a search under "vegetarian", "vegan", etc.
happyme2014
happyme201404/03/2014 15:07:33
There thousands of recipes and different food to make. Just be sure that you are having a balanced diet, and supply the meet vitamins with what your body needs.

You need to be logged in or registered to post.