Join the conversation

Things that replace meat

AlisoniCarrot
Posted by AlisoniCarrot at 09/24/2013

Vague, I know, but the problem that I had a lot over the summer whilst travelling, cooking with non-veggies etc. was trying to decide what to replace the meat option in their meal with. Often I'd end up with pasta, but then if they're having potatoes and veg that doesn't really work. I'm not a big fan of tofu, seitan, 'fake meats' etc., but it would be nice to be able to have the same side dishes as everyone else and still have a balanced meal. Thoughts?

Responses

irenesuhwon93
irenesuhwon9308/05/2014 18:27:53
I love mushrooms! Or pile on the veggies! My fave's are broccoli, green beans, cauliflower etc. I'm not a fan of potatoes either, they're kind of pointless to me ha.
ahimsa32fa
ahimsa32fa08/06/2014 05:06:42
Try not to think of it in terms of "replacing" meat.

Most meat-eaters I've known do not enjoy eating raw, un-seasoned meat...it's generally the seasonings that make meat taste good.

Other than that, it's just a bad habit. What would you say to an alcoholic who asked, "But what can I replace it with?"
angelakelly02
angelakelly0208/25/2014 17:53:47
Chickpeas, lentils, mushrooms, quinoa. There's all kinds of things, just combine them with similar flavors to what you flavor the meat with and they'll taste even better than meat.
Helen Woodard
Helen Woodard10/28/2014 18:22:50
Tofu, Mushroom, Jack Fruit

You need to be logged in or registered to post.