Join the conversation

Dairy Free Swiss Cheese?

oldgreenhippie
Posted by oldgreenhippie at 10/27/2012

Hi, I've been searching for a dairy free Swiss style cheese and have been unsuccessful in my quest. Has anyone come across such a thing?
Thanks for your help.

Responses

eric
eric10/27/2012 10:43:48
Hi- Not sure if you're up for making your own, but if so, you should check of this Artisan vegan cheese recipe book. While I'm not certain it contains Swiss, it's got a ton of different types of vegan cheese recipes and most are very easy to make. I saw Miyoko demo yesterday and in an hour she made: Buffalo Mozzarella, Fondue, Cream Cheese, and a nacho cheese... all in one hour!

Here's a link:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/1570672830/ref=nosim/?tag=happycowsglobalg
Souris
Souris10/29/2012 16:30:09
I like Bryanna's Swiss melty cheese. It's very easy to make and pretty convincing... at least to me :)

veganfeastkitchen.blogspot.co.uk/2011/05/last-kale-being-picked-easy-gratin-of.html
oldgreenhippie
oldgreenhippie11/01/2012 12:46:03
Thanks Eric, I'm going to try and make some homemade vegan cheeses. I have found a few at a couple of my local stores that are pretty decent, but I can't find any Swiss style.
Thanks Souris, I will look into your recommendation :)
Yoshi
Yoshi11/02/2012 02:05:48
The current issue of VegNews has an article all about making vegan cheese, including a recipe for a Swiss. I can't speak for the Swiss, but I did make the cream cheese which was pretty decent. Keep us up to date on your mission!
Redheaded Vegan
Redheaded Vegan09/11/2013 19:38:09
Daiya now has a vegan Swiss slice that I've tried. It's okay, but for me something is slightly "off" in the taste. Might be worth looking into to see if you like it, though.
celliluis
celliluis06/24/2014 05:27:20
hi..
Daiya now has a vegetarian Europe piece that I've tried. It's okay, but for me something is a little bit "off" in the flavor. Might be value looking into to see if you like it, though.if you like green vegetables paleo diet food is the best for green vegetables.paleodietsite.com/
AndyT
AndyT06/24/2014 23:49:09
The best vegan cheese I have eaten so far is Vegusto's "No-Moo-Cheese", which is incidentally also made in Switzerland and definitely the most tasty one I have tried so far.

Best regards,
Andy

You need to be logged in or registered to post.