Join the conversation

My First Vegan From-Scratch Dinner Attempt

wendypc
Posted by wendypc at 01/08/2012

I am excited about the dinner that I am cooking tonight for my family (& my Dad and Stepmom, who are not vegetarians)! It's a recipe from the "Peas & Thank You" cookbook - 'almost from scratch lasagna'. Has anyone already tried this recipe? If so, how did everything turn out? I will post a pic and give a review of the meal after it's done. Hopefully the outcome will be good! Wish me luck! :)

Responses

VeganSally
VeganSally01/08/2012 17:21:40
That is so cool! I am envious. I wish I could cook! Tell us all about it and how hard/easy it was to make. Could someone with precious few cooking skills make it.
wendypc
wendypc01/10/2012 06:24:25
Hi VeganSally (and everyone)! If I can cook this dish, you certainly can too! I am definitely not known for my cooking skills. (My husband can confirm this!) It was actually pretty easy to make, but it was a bit time-consuming because of the prep work (such as cutting up & steaming the veggies and making the tofu ricotta mixture). If you do the prep work ahead of time and have a good food processor/blender (which I just ordered), it shouldn't take too long. If you want the recipe, I think it's on the Peas & Thank You website (and in the book). If you can't find it, I can send/post it. (Am I allowed to do that?) I will also put a pic (of what was left of it by the time I got my phone out) on my profile. :)
jorgea
jorgea01/23/2012 11:33:46
Be sure to share a picture of your completed dish so everyone here at www.happycow.net can get a better idea
wendypc
wendypc01/23/2012 19:24:34
I'd love to post a pic, but I don't see an option to attach a pic here with my response. I'm new to HappyCow; as soon as I figure it out, I will post. :)
Babbo
Babbo03/15/2013 04:48:17
Looking forward to a picture and hearing their verdict ;-)

You need to be logged in or registered to post.