Join the conversation

Oops I Ate Meat

uniken23
Posted by uniken23 at 07/29/2014

Accidentally eating meat wreaks havoc on the digestive system

Responses

uniken23
uniken2307/29/2014 21:29:51
LOL, new to this and did not clearly understand the instructions before posting but anyway, yes, last week I accidentally ate turkey meat. It was sloppy joe night and I thought that the turkey meat was veggie friendly as in imitation. Before becoming a vegetarian I had never had turkey meat and even if I had I have been a vegetarian for so long I forget what meat tastes like. I took at least 2-3 bits of it before the cook stopped me. I was upset and felt bad for the turkey and I felt bad for the cook because she felt so bad but its really nothing to beat myself up over it was an accident plus it has happened to me a many times before (soup bases especially!)When I got home I immediately felt sick. Yes, I will admit I contemplated forcing myself to throw it up but had figured it was already done plus gagging gives me mean headaches. Luckily I never threw up but I've felt like I want to also I've been having some SERIOUS diarrhea. If anyone knows, when will I be able to sit on the toilet without dropping the load? My stomach is all types of [censored]ed up.
ahimsa32fa
ahimsa32fa07/31/2014 06:37:18
Shortly after abandoning flesh in my diet in 1975, a friend invited me out for dinner. I was late meeting him at the restaurant and he had unwittingly ordered sea food for me.

He was my best friend, and I ate the meal.

The next day my stool was jet black and the odor was horrible. I had forgotten how this was a regular thing before I went veggie. Got back to normal in two days.

I became vegan a decade later, and like to think of all the innocent lives that were NOT taken to make my meals since.
ecmasonjr
ecmasonjr07/31/2014 14:50:29
I think after we've been vegetarian/vegan for a while our bodies can't handle animal products anymore. It's like we've cleansed our bodies and animal products are poison.

At a buffet there was a bin of just vegetable rolls and one with shrimp mixed into the vegetables. I took one of the vegetable rolls and since I was really hungry took a bite without really tasting it until I'd swallowed it. At that point I realized that someone had dropped one of the shrimp rolls into the vegetable bin. I threw the rest of it away, but sure enough a few hours later I was puking my guts out. I'm a lot more cautious now.

This forum needs a moderator.

You need to be logged in or registered to post.