Join the conversation

Trying to lose 10 pounds!

curtainsheets66
Posted by curtainsheets66 at 07/18/2013

I've been a vegan for 8 years, granted I'm only 21 and I'm not overweight. I've been trying to lose 10 pounds, from 130 to 120.

It's so hard to seek advice on the issue because all the online sources simply say, "don't eat meat, don't eat dairy, don't eat wheat, don't eat processed foods" easy, I do that. I have even been avoiding beans for calories sake.

I have a vegetable smoothie for breakfast, a salad for lunch, edamame / veggie burgers for dinner and fruit for snacks.

How do I lose weight??

Responses

Torakiji
Torakiji07/19/2013 13:48:35
Exercise. :)
caylainthesky
caylainthesky07/22/2013 21:12:28
Don't avoid beans! They're very good for you and keep you full! Just eat healthy foods such as vegetables, fruits, nuts and seeds, and beans and legumes often! Eat anything processed in moderation, and exercise often! :)
alaina616
alaina61607/25/2013 15:21:33
Track your calorie intake. And excercise. Weight loss / gain is a function of how much you eat. Cut your calories down a teeny bit and exercise.
lottm002
lottm00207/27/2013 10:05:55
It sounds like you're eating the right foods, but if you aren't eating enough of them it could prevent weight loss. If you are too severely restricting your calorie intake you're body will go into starvation mode and refuse to shed the pounds. Figure out you're BMR and make sure you're eating enough :)
GarrettHnatiuk
GarrettHnatiuk06/03/2014 22:53:57
Try to have a strict diet plan with fiber and whole grains with natural fruit juices and exercise everyday an hour and maybe you should try yoga exercise it may helps you lose some weight. Hope i help you.
DunkiesandDimeys
DunkiesandDimeys06/18/2014 12:29:24
Try some cardio exercises. If you're already exercising, then try something new, because your body may already be used to what you've been doing. Go swimming, go hiking, go walking your dog if you have one, join a gym...
If you're stuck at that weight, you may need to exercising really hard in order to lose weight. It may not help enough just to diet at this point.

www.cafepress.com/dunkiesanddimeys
Chaveggie
Chaveggie07/16/2014 19:21:37
You could try going fruitarian for a bit. Or the 80/10/10 method. I've been reading into it...keep in mind grains and beans still have a decent amount of fat. Also watch out for sodium...veggie burgers can contain a lot. Avoid nuts and seeds, you'll get still be getting your healthy fats else where. Nuts and seeds have way too high a concentration of fat.
ahimsa32fa
ahimsa32fa07/18/2014 04:50:58
I wouldn't rule out seeds and nuts. They are relatively high in fat, but that's because they are nutrient dense, - and are a great source of protein and many other nutrients.

Just eat them in reasonable amounts...

This forum needs a moderator.

You need to be logged in or registered to post.