Join the conversation

Restaurants closed down

orangensaft
Posted by orangensaft at 04/23/2012

I'm traveling in South America at the moment and have encountered this problem multiple times. Each time I have of course reported them as closed on Happy Cow but it's really annoying and shouldn't be happening. So I was wondering if it's possible to add a feature which flags the restaurant up as possibly being closed if someone hasn't posted a review in more than a year? Or a just button that users can click to confirm it's still open and Happy Cow could display the date the button was last clicked?

Responses

webmaster
webmaster04/25/2012 09:07:19
Hi Orangesaft,

We get hundreds of updates each week and rely on these to keep the site updated. We've considered hiring someone to call everyplace, but at this time we don't have the budget for it.
We're just in the process of adding "check-ins" to confirm a place is open with a time stamp, which will help give a better idea which places are open.
Thank you for your continued updates. If you have the time for it, it would be great if you'll consider calling listings to confirm when you travel someplace and update the whole city.
Cheers, Eric

You need to be logged in or registered to post.