Join the conversation

Why be vegetarian?

Scurie
Posted by Scurie at 10/21/2013

I am not a vegetarian, why should i be one?

Responses

ahimsa32fa
ahimsa32fa11/08/2013 07:57:32
It's good for your health, the environment and needless to say, the animals.

Becoming a "vegan" offers even more rewards!

There are countless websites that go into great detail about this...
missjones1981
missjones198111/09/2013 05:44:34
It does not matter what other people think. What matters is if you want to be or not. I feel better eating this way.
MrsGizlo
MrsGizlo01/14/2014 14:47:00
I feel awful taking an animals life away just because I need feeding, maybe you might feel the same way?
Happy wild horse
Happy wild horse02/01/2014 19:53:36
I have been a veterinarian since I found out where meat came from, you can get lots of meat free food in the supermarket and you can even get food that looks like meat but it isn't so there is no need for meat and it is very easy to be vegetarian and it is good for are health and the animals well being so I would sroungly advise you to be vegetarian!
ahimsa32fa
ahimsa32fa02/02/2014 06:10:33
The dairy industry causes just as much suffering as the meat "division" of animal agriculture. And dairy cows and their calves end up at the slaughterhouse as well.

May I suggest the first of my books, "The Weaning of America"?
DunkiesandDimeys
DunkiesandDimeys06/18/2014 13:30:15
There is no reason to eat animals when you don't medically need to. You can easily get all the nutrients possible with doing so. People have been vegetarian for centuries, and vegetarians usually the ones who live the longest. Other countries, especially Asian countries, are very skinny compared to us, and they consume a significant amount of vegetables compared to us. A lot of them are also vegetarian. Meat contains cholesterol, saturated fat, etc., while plants don't. A lot of plants also contain very healthy types of fats that are good for your health.

By becoming vegetarian, you are greatly reducing your chances of developing heart disease, diabetes, cancer, and so much more. You will be getting a lot of nutrients that meat eaters often lack.

There's no difference between eating a dog or a cow, except culture view cows almost as non-sentient beings. Just because "they were bred to be eaten" doesn't mean they should be eaten or have any less sentience. It's just a culture thing, which is manmade. Some cultures would rather eat a dog than a cow.

www.cafepress.com/dunkiesanddimeys
Jackninja5
Jackninja506/27/2014 23:38:43
I don't know! Maybe to prevent heart disease and to be a nice person (which admittedly I am not to human beings as many humans don't like me :() to animals! :P
ahimsa32fa
ahimsa32fa06/28/2014 06:19:40
Eating animal products contributes to problems other than heart disease...

Arthritis, osteoporosis, hypertension, atherosclerosis, asthma, allergies, cancer, diabetes, ulcers, kidney land gall stones, multiple sclerosis and abnormal sex growth.

But the ones who suffer most are the non-human animals...

You need to be logged in or registered to post.