Join the conversation

Animal Issues internet radio show with COK

veganvet
Posted by veganvet at 12/10/2012

Greetings!

I am a vegan veterinarian who does housecalls for dogs and cats in Los Angeles as well as advocacy for all animals, including of course farmed animals. I recently started a radio show on Animal Issues. A variety of important issues concerning animals around the world have been and will be addressed, as well as tips for keeping one's companion dog or cat healthy.

Please tune in Tuesdays from 1-2 pm PST on my radio show Animal Issues with Dr. Armaiti May - listen live online at adrenalineradio.com/shows/168-the-vegan-vet. This week's show features Jaya Bhumitra from Compassion Over Killing, a national non-profit animal advocacy organization dedicated to ending abuse of animals for food and encouraging people to adopt a vegan diet. The other featured guest will be Richard Schwartz, who has authored several books on Judaism and Vegetarianism. Listeners can call in with questions during the show at 1-800-405-6425.

The most recent shows covered vivisection and devocalization. In a prior show, we had Ady Gil talking about rescuing dogs from puppy mills, as well as Kim Sturla from Animal Place, a farmed animal sanctuary in Grass Valley. Previous shows featured guest Dr. Jennifer Conrad speaking about her film "The Paw Project" which tells the inspiring story of the effort to ban declawing of cats. Also on the show was guest Abby Elliott, a wonderful dog trainer who uses positive reinforcement methods for training dogs. Other guests on the show have been Darren Middlesworth from V-dog, a vegan dog food company, Lesa Miller from Orangutan Republik Foundation (OURF), and Nicole Forsyth, CEO of RedRover talking about Superstorm Sandy relief efforts in New Jersey. If you can't listen live, you can listen to the archived podcasts anytime at adrenalineradio.com/podcasts/archives/viewcategory/437-animal-issues.

Please share with friends and family!

Also, I am looking for sponsors to help me sustain the cost of putting on the show each week. It costs $85 every week and for that amount I can feature an animal-friendly business by including a 60 second commercial for the business, and/or give a shout-out to a generous individual who simply wants to support the show. Thank you so much!

For the animals,
Armaiti May, DVM
www.veganvet.net

Responses

No response yet.

You need to be logged in or registered to post.