Join the conversation

Top Chef Episode

moopiggy
Posted by moopiggy at 07/16/2010

Just watched Top Chef (Farm Policy episode) and there were so many things that turned my stomach... in the quickfire challenge they made crabs. The crabs were alive and crawling around and the chefs then began to hack them up, put them in the oven to bake while alive, amongst other gross things.

Then the chefs went to an organic and humane" farm.. not sure if that makes me happy or sad.

Anyone else see the episode? Thoughts?

Responses

Chia
Chia07/17/2010 10:59:15
I haven't seen it, but it's the same ol' stuff. People want to eat whatever they want, and they don't want to see the truth behind the stuff.
lmzeigler
lmzeigler07/18/2010 08:47:57
I stopped watching Top Chef a couple years back when they visited a farm and picked out the animal they were going to cook. They kept saying "circle of life" and "the animals were raised for this purpose." I'm so tired of those same old excuses! Since when does the fulfillment of the circle of life involve artificial insemination, confinement, unncessary death in adolescence, ear and tail-docking, and all those other lovely farm practices that go on at so-called "humane" facilities?

moopiggy
moopiggy07/18/2010 17:43:29
Yeah.. Im new to being vegan, so I have been noticing things that I never paid attention to before. Like crabs being baked alive and shown on TV for entertainment. *shudder*

You need to be logged in or registered to post.