This grocery-friendly dish is very easy to make for your Meatless Mondays (or any day of the week!); with its cool and tart taste of fresh raw vegetables and creamy dressing along with your choice of pasta, it is unbelievably a low-fat dish. Best served cold.
Total Prep Time: 30 mins
Serves 3-4 persons
500 gms Penne pasta
2 carrots, peeled into ribbons
1/2 cup edamame, blanched
1/4 cup sliced black olives
1 red onion, minced
300 gms silken tofu, rinsed
¼ cup vinegar
¼ cup muscovado sugar
2 tspn rock salt
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 tbspn-ful Dijon mustard (or any kind will do)
1. Cook the pasta according to directions; set aside and let cool.
2. Mix the carrot ribbons, edamame, sliced black olives, minced red onion. Set aside.
3. In a blender, put the silken tofu and vinegar; blend well.
4. While blending, add in the sugar, salt; slowly add the olive oil and mustard. Mix well.
5. In a large bowl, mix together the pasta and vegetable mixture. Then slowly pour the dressing on the pasta salad mixture, mix until well incorporated. Serve cold.