- The Benefits of Raw Garlic
- Make Sticky Rice Balls (Sweet or Savory)
- The Eight Stages of Veganism
- “Natural” Flavorings and Other Hidden Animal…
- World’s First Vegan Avenue & Veganz Vegan Grocery
- Stir Fried Thai Basil with Tofu and Eggplant
- The Humorous Side of Vegetarianism – an appreciation…
- Cheesy Vegan Scalloped Potatoes
- 8 Ways Becoming a Vegetarian Is Like a Bad Breakup
Receive Our Newsletter
Get VeginOut NewsOnce-a-month update on the latest veg related news, global restaurant and travel highlights, plus giveaways!
Posted on November 27, 2009 | 2 CommentsBut here I found myself forced to defend over and over again my reasons for being vegan - the benefits to the environment, the improvement to the animal’s wellbeing, the advantage for my own health. The situation escalated to the point a friend asked me if I was going to wait until I'd had my first miscarriage before I started 'taking care' of myself. The support I was once given as a vegan was gone replaced by scepticism and doubt that I was putting my health in danger.