- The Benefits of Raw Garlic
- Make Sticky Rice Balls (Sweet or Savory)
- The Eight Stages of Veganism
- “Natural” Flavorings and Other Hidden Animal…
- World’s First Vegan Avenue & Veganz Vegan Grocery
- Stir Fried Thai Basil with Tofu and Eggplant
- The Humorous Side of Vegetarianism – an appreciation…
- Cheesy Vegan Scalloped Potatoes
- 8 Ways Becoming a Vegetarian Is Like a Bad Breakup
Receive Our Newsletter
Get VeginOut NewsOnce-a-month update on the latest veg related news, global restaurant and travel highlights, plus giveaways!
Posted on November 30, 2009 | 1 CommentIt seems carnivores want to make us, vegetarians and vegans, out to be the environmental bad guys. As the Brazilian rainforest is being destroyed by illegal soybean plantations the finger is being pointed at us the biggest culprit. Except, of course, that according to Worldwatch Institute nearly 80 per cent of global soybean harvest is used to feed livestock.