Who can resist these crisp golden brown tofu and nori treat?
The ginger and soy sauce dip gives added zing to this simply irresistible dish.
1 block tofu package
2 large sheets seaweed
1 cup flour
1 cup cornstarch
1 1/2 cup drinking water
2 teaspoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 clove fresh garlic, grated
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup water
1 tablespoon brown sugar
fresh ginger thin slices
1. Cut tofu into 6 slices. Cut each slice into 5 equal parts.
2. Sprinkle the tofu slices with soy sauce. Set aside.
3. Cut seaweed sheets into 1 1/2 inch strips.
4. Wrap each slice of tofu with seaweed strip. Set aside.
5. In a bowl mix together flour, cornstarch, water, soy sauce, black pepper and grated garlic. Mix well.
6. Dip each piece of tofu in batter. Roll onto bread crumbs. Deep fry till golden brown.
Enjoy with dipping sauce.